Let’s go for a non-bookish tag today, shall we? Yes, let’s.
I haven’t been officially tagged for this but Getting Through Anxiety tagged everyone! Yay!
1. HOW OFTEN DO YOU WATCH A MOVIE?
Not that often anymore. Probably once every week or every two weeks.
2. WHAT MOVIE GENRE ARE YOU PARTICULARLY FOND OF?
It’s not really a genre, but I love those classic British working-class films about ordinary people, like The Full Monty, Brassed Off and Made in Dagenham.
3. WHAT WAS THE LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED AND LIKED?
The other night I watched Look Who’s Back on Netflix, which is about Hitler waking up in the modern day. At first it was just a straight comedy, and was really funny, but it takes a very dark turn and by the end of it was a very important film with a sincere message behind it. I’m reading the book at the moment.
4. WHAT WAS THE LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED AND HATED?
I certainly didn’t hate it, but I wouldn’t really recommend Suicide Squad. Will Smith and Margot Robbie were good but the story was a bit silly in places, and I think if I hadn’t had the cinema experience to hold my interest, I might well have fallen asleep at one point.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVE MOVIE OF ALL TIME?
If I absolutely had to choose one and only one, I would probably go for Calendar Girls.
‘We’re going to need considerably bigger buns.’
6. YOUR FAVE GUILTY PLEASURE MOVIE?
It’s not really a guilty pleasure because I will shout my love from the rooftops for this film, but I LOVE Bedazzled with Brendan Fraser and Elizabeth Hurley. Yeah, it’s kinda shit. But I fucking love it.
7. WHAT MOVIE/MOVIES HAVE YOU WATCHED A MILLION TIMES ALREADY?
So many! When I was a kid I used to watch the same film over and over and over until I found another one I loved. Some of these included:
- Miss Congeniality
- Muppet Treasure Island
- The Harry Potter films
- Nearly every animated Disney film.
8. ARE YOU THE TYPE WHO WATCHES A MOVIE ON ITS FIRST DAY OF SHOWING?
I went to see the Harry Potter films as soon as they came out, but apart from that, no.
9. DO YOU USE FANDANGO OR PREBOOK MOVIE TICKETS?
*Cough* Don’t know what Fandango is…
I book cinema tickets, but not like months in advance. I book for later that day.
10. MOVIE HOUSE, BLURAY OR DOWNLOAD?
*Cough* Don’t know what Movie House is either…
None of them. Netflix and regular DVDs all the way!
11. HOW OFTEN DO YOU GO TO THE CINEMA TO WATCH A MOVIE?
I often find that I don’t go for ages then lots of movies come out at once (e.g. in the summer or at Christmas) so I end up going lots but then it fizzles out again.
12. WHAT ARE THE MOVIES THAT MADE YOU CRY?
I am such a cryer. I love a good cry. The other day I put The Fox and the Hound on just so I could cry at the bit where she leaves him in the nature reserve.
13. DO YOU WATCH FOREIGN FILMS?
I don’t have anything against them but I don’t generally look for them. However, since I enjoyed Look Who’s Back so much, I’m going to try to find more.
14. WHAT ARE YOUR FAVOURITE FOREIGN FILMS?
I like The Class, a French documentary-type film. Not sure why because not a lot happens!
15. WHO ARE YOUR FAVOURITE DIRECTORS?
I’ve never really given a thought to directors before, so I googled the directors of some of my favourite films and it turns out Nigel Cole directed a couple of them. I’ll have to look into more of his stuff.
16. ARE YOU PARTICULAR WITH MOVIE SCORES / SOUNDTRACKS / MUSIC?
It’s a great addition when the soundtrack is good, but generally I don’t notice it in a normal film.
17. WHAT MOVIE SOUNDTRACK CAN BE FOUND IN YOUR IPOD?
Tons of musicals! Hairspray, Grease, Sweeney Todd, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, and loads of Disney soundtracks.
18. HAVE YOU EVER WATCHED A MOVIE ALONE IN THE CINEMA?
Nope! I probably won’t ever go to the cinema on my own, but I’ve been trying to get up the courage to go to the theatre alone.
19. IS THERE ANY MOVIE THAT’S CHANGED YOUR PERSPECTIVE ON LIFE?
I’m sure a lot of movies have gone a little way towards changing my perspective on life, but I’ve never had any epiphanies while watching a particular film.
20. YOUR FAVOURITE COMIC BOOK MOVIE?
I was going to say The Dark Knight, or the Amazing Spiderman, but my boyfriend tells me these aren’t technically comic book films because they’re not based on a particular comic but rather several comics. I’m not a huge fan of these sorts of films anyway, so I’ll go with The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, which I can’t remember much of but I really enjoyed it at the time. (He told me this is based on a particular comic, so blame him if it’s wrong, not me!)
21. DC OR MARVEL MOVIES?
I feel like I’ve probably seen more Marvel films because my boyfriend likes them, but I enjoy the world of Batman more, so I’m going with DC.
22. WHAT ARE THE MOVIES IN THE TOP 10 IN IMDB THAT YOU’VE WATCHED?
I’m assuming the first ten from this is the right list?
I’ve seen The Shawshank Redemption, The Godfather, The Dark Knight, Pulp Fiction, The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King and Fight Club. Most of these were brilliant.
23. DO YOU READ MOVIE CRITIC REVIEWS BEFORE WATCHING A FILM?
Not generally, but I do read Rotten Tomatos reviews of films where I’m interested in the story but am too scared to watch them, like horror movies or controversial films (e.g. The Human Centipede and A Serbian Film).
24. WHAT’S THE BEST MOVIE ADAPTED FROM A BOOK?
I love Daphne Du Maurier’s Rebecca and think the film adaptation is wonderful too.
25. DO YOU WATCH THE MOVIE BEFORE READING THE BOOK OR VICE VERSA?
I tend to do both. If I really enjoy one, I like to watch or read the other. Most people find this really strange because you know what’s going to happen, but there’s often quite big differences anyway (though that’s not always a good thing).
26. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE COMEDY MOVIE?
I recently watched What We Do in the Shadows and it quickly became my favourite comedy film. I love The Full Monty, but I wouldn’t say that’s purely comedy like What We Do in the Shadows is.
Apart from that bit.
27. FAVOURITE DRAMA MOVIE?
Fight Club is definitely up there. It blew me away when I first saw it.
Drama is kind of an all-encompassing genre, really, isn’t it?
28. FAVOURITE WESTERN MOVIE?
Not usually a big fan of Westerns, but I LOVE Django Unchained!
29. FAVE ROMANTIC COMEDY?
Miss Congeniality and Bedazzled. I don’t actually think the romance is the driving force of these films, but I also love Bridesmaids and The Devil Wears Prada.
30. FAVE HORROR?
It’s more of a thriller than a horror, but I think The Others is a brilliant film.
31. FAVE SPORTS MOVIES?
None! Unless Space Jam counts?
32. FAVE SCIFI?
The Rocky Horror Picture Show! And The Martian.
33. ACTION MOVIES?
The Mummy and The Mummy Returns. One of the few instances where the sequel was just as good.
34. WAR MOVIES?
Goodnight Mr Tom and The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas.
35. WHO IS YOUR FAVOURITE MOVIE COUPLE?
THESE GUYS THESE GUYS THESE GUYS!!!
36. ANY MOVIE CHARACTER YOU CAN RELATE TO?
Annie from Bridesmaids!
37. IF YOU WERE ONLY TO WATCH 5 MOVIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD THEY BE?
Eek! OK, here goes:
5. The Rocky Horror Picture Show
4. The Devil Wears Prada
3. The Full Monty
1. Calendar Girls
Wow, my taste is a lot girlier than I thought.
38. YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME?
I can’t actually think of one, because if I really don’t like a movie then I don’t finish watching it. I did have to sit through Prometheus and The Time Traveller’s Wife, though, and I thought they were both awful.
39. HAVE YOU EVER WATCHED A MOVIE BASED ON THE LEAD ACTOR/ACTRESS ONLY?
Yes. After Philosopher’s Stone came out I made it my mission to watch everything Alan Rickman had ever been in. I failed, but I discovered a few good films this way: Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves; Dogma; Truly, Madly, Deeply; Sense and Sensibility; Galaxy Quest; The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.
40. WHAT MOVIE YOU EXPECTED AND WANTED TO BE GOOD BUT FAILED YOU?
The Dark Knight Rises. It really didn’t live up to the hype. And who thought it was a good idea to cast Anne Hathaway as Catwoman?
41. FAVOURITE MOVIE CHARACTER OF ALL TIME?
Tyler Durden’s pretty darn good, but you know what? It’s probably Annie from Bridesmaids again!
42. FAVOURITE MOVIE VILLAIN?
Hades from Disney’s Hercules or Scar from The Lion King.
43. ANY MOVIE SEQUEL YOU’RE STILL WAITING TO SEE?
44. EVER MADE A MOVIE REVIEW?
Not that I can remember!
45. STAR WARS OR STAR TREK?
Neither! But I have watched Star Trek: Into Darkness all the way through. (Actually, have I? I may have fallen asleep… but I remember I enjoyed what I saw.)
46. RIGHT NOW, THINK OF ANY MOVIE. WHAT COMES FIRST?
Cemetery Junction. (Been meaning to rewatch.)
47. FAVOURITE MOVIE LINES?
‘Ye best start believin’ in ghost stories, Miss Turner… you’re in one!’
(Geoffrey Rush is so underrated.)
48. TV SERIES, BOOKS, COMPUTER GAMES OR MOVIES IN ORDER OF INTEREST?
Books, TV shows, movies, computer games. But that can change around depending on my mood.
49. LASTLY, IF YOUR LIFE STORY WAS TO BE MADE INTO A MOVIE, WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO PORTRAY YOU? WHO SHOULD BE DIRECTING IT AND WHAT WOULD BE THE TITLE?
I’d kind of like Emily Blunt to portray me. I think she’d get me.
Nigel Cole can direct it, seeing as we discovered him earlier in this post.
The title would be… *drumroll*…
Nah, I dunno. Sorry.