Hi all! I’ve been so quiet on here…
You’re probably sick of my excuses about a reading slump, but seriously, it’s really bad! I do think I’m coming out of it a bit though as I’ve picked up Stormbird by Conn Igguldsen and seem to be getting on OK. I thought, though, that I’d participate in this year’s BookTubeAThon to help me kick it.
Also, I’ve been playing Pokemon Go and that doesn’t leave much time for reading.
I actually discovered this through WordPress rather than BookTube! Jess at Once Upon a Book Review posted her TBR for this and I thought it sounded really cool. However, here is the link to the YouTube channel if you’d like to know more. (I knew absolutely nothing about this so have just been watching these videos over and over to get my head around it.)
So basically, you have to try and read 7 books in 7 days.
I know, Ron Burgundy. It’s gonna be tough.
The challenge starts from this coming Monday (18/07/16). There are also challenges WITHIN the challenge to complete:
- Read a book with yellow on the cover. Reality Boy by A. S. King.
- Only read this book after sunset. (This is really friggin’ awkward because it’s not getting dark ’til like 11pm here at the moment.)
- Read a book you discovered because of Booktube.
- Read a book by a favourite author. Three Wishes by Liane Moriarty OR a Philippa Gregory book.
- Read a book that’s older than you. Wuthering Heights by Charlotte Bronte.
- Read and watch a book-to-movie adaptation.
- Read 7 books.
You don’t HAVE to complete these, but I feel like this will really help with my slumpiness so I’m giving it a go. I’ve put my proposed books next to some questions, but I’m not sure what to read for the others yet so have left a lot blank.
At this rate, I’ll be surprised if I manage to read even ONE book next week (I haven’t even nearly finished a single book so far this month, can you believe it?) but I’m definitely gonna try.
Also, shout-out to my 100th follower: Lae at Spread the Jelly! ❤ Thanks so much everyone for coming here to hang out with me and read my word-vomit. 🙂