Thank you to icebreaker694 for tagging me! I was so excited to do this. It’s such a fun, unique tag.
- Choose 5 books from your shelves.
- Randomly set your books in order.
- Flip to a random page. Record the first 2 names you see.
- Put the names in the categories listed below, in the order that you saw them.
- The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness.
- Room by Emma Donoghue.
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell.
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard.
- The King’s Curse by Philippa Gregory.
1. The first person to die in the apocalypse?
Todd from The Knife of Never Letting Go.
Noooo! I can definitely see this happening though. He’d die trying to save a talking hedgehog or something.
2. The person you tackle to escape the zombies?
Manchee from The Knife of Never Letting Go.
What the hell? Why does Manchee always get betrayed?
I would never do this. I would give anything to have that dog.
3. The first person to be turned into a zombie?
Ma from Room.
How heartbreaking would this be? Just picture Jack’s face as he sees his Ma in the crowd of zombies… this would definitely happen, as well. That book ripped my heart out.
4. The person that tackles you to escape the zombies?
Jack from Room.
I guess I can forgive him this. He is 5, after all, and would be terrified.
5. The team’s idiot?
Cath from Fangirl.
This is the first answer that doesn’t make any sense at all. Cath strikes me as really, really clever. So maybe she does something idiotic like alerting the zombies to their location by crying really loudly over Simon Snow books.
6. The brains of the team?
Levi from Fangirl.
Yeah, I guess so. He’s kind of clever. Though not as clever as Cath…
7. The team’s medic?
Farley from Red Queen.
Ummm I’m not convinced on this one.
8. The weapons expert?
Maven from Red Queen.
Nah. Unless it was his mental weapons, of course. He could be an expert on the mystical powers of the Silvers.
9. The team’s brawler?
Princess Elizabeth from The King’s Curse.
Gregory tends to write Elizabeth as a bit of a wild child, so I can imagine her getting in the odd fight. Maybe she wouldn’t attack the zombies, but I imagine she’d make a few enemies within the team.
10. The team’s leader?
Henry VIII from The King’s Curse.
I guess he’d have to be the leader, wouldn’t he? You’d get your head chopped off and/or fed to the zombies if you dared to suggest otherwise.