Hey fellow bookworms! So I turned old a couple of weeks ago, and therefore have new books to show you, courtesy of my lovely family and friends!
I also ordered some books for myself in April, but they didn’t arrive until May so I’m including them in this book haul, hence why it’s humongous. I decided not to put descriptions for all of them as you’d probably get a bit bored of my rambling.
Now on to ALL THE BOOKS.
My partner bought me this box-set edition of some Alan Bennett plays , including:
- The Lady in the Van.
- The Madness of King George III.
- The History Boys.
- Forty Years On.
- Kafka’s Dick.
- Habeus Corpus.
My mum got me Amazon vouchers, with which I bought:
- Stormbird by Conn Igguldsen (from the Wars of the Roses series).
- The Casual Vacancy by J. K. Rowling (only owned it as an ebook before).
- Reality Boy by A. S. King.
- Silence is Goldfish by Annabel Pitcher.
- Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick.
- The War That Saved My Life by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley.
- The Boy Who Could See Demons by Carolyn Jess-Cooke.
- Monsters of Men by Patrick Ness.
- The Trouble with Women by Jacky Fleming.
This is such a fun little book. It’s full of hilarious ‘facts’ about women and reasons why you don’t find them in the history books:
Women weren’t allowed out at night because of their poor night vision. They were also too emotional to take anywhere, so mostly they stayed in and wept, sometimes hysterically.
Also, if you’re a bookworm, Amazon vouchers are the BEST present because they go so far. And you can use them for ebooks too!
My sister gave me Waterstones vouchers, with which I bought:
- The Northern Lights, The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman.
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.
Everyone except me read His Dark Materials at school, so I thought it was high time I sat and read them. I’m a little intimidated though… I bought the whole trilogy as one book and it’s scaring me. (This edition is purdy though.)
Jane Eyre is one of my favourite classics but I’ve never actually owned a physical copy, so decided to treat myself. I was going to get this Penguin edition, but I got this one instead as it was so cute (and cheaper).
You might remember a while back I went on a book-buying spree that resulted in book-buying guilt. It was this website, The Book People, that inspired the post: they are crazy cheap. I went away for my birthday and these books were waiting for me when I came back – #presenttomyself. I got:
- The Witches and Matilda by Roald Dahl.
- The White Queen, The White Princess, The Lady of the Rivers, The Kingmaker’s Daughter, The Red Queen and The King’s Curse by Philippa Gregory.
- Mort by Terry Pratchett.
- The Maze Runner, The Scorch Trials and The Death Cure by James Dashner.
Just to let ya know, these 12 books came to under £30 altogether.
If you’re interested in my non-bookish prezzies, they were:
- A new handbag.
- A bottle of wine.
- A Ted Baker notebook and card-holder.
- Debenhams vouchers.
- Game of Thrones Season 1 DVD (which I bought with the Amazon vouchers).
- A plastic sparkly dachshund to display proudly in my flat until I get a real-life one (from my little niece, bless her!).
I was as spoilt as Dudley Dursley this year.
Thanks for stopping by!