Thank you to Getting Through Anxiety for tagging me!
1. INITIAL ATTRACTION – A book you bought because of the cover?
I had heard of the book and wanted to read it, but I mainly bought it because it was cheap and I wanted to add to my collection of Penguin Modern Classics…
2. FIRST IMPRESSIONS – A book you bought because of the summary?
Most books, really! I don’t tend to buy books just because other people are raving about them – I have to find the summary interesting. One that springs to mind is The Light of the Fireflies by Paul Pen. I bought that straight away because I found the description so interesting. Click for a somewhat angry review.
3. SWEET TALK – A book with great writing?
I haven’t actually bought it yet, but I read the first chapter of My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga today. The writing, especially the opening paragraph, was so lyrical and I really want to get the whole book soon.
4. FIRST DATE – A first book in a series that made you want to pick up the rest?
Well, I literally just finished reading this…
YES! I finally own Cinder by Marissa Meyer! Thank you so much, Jorelene at Page Chronicles, for letting me know where I could get the gorgeous hardback edition. I absolutely loved it and can’t wait to get hold of the next book.
5. LATE NIGHT PHONECALLS – A book that kept you up all night?
Faceless by Alyssa Sheinmel < click for review.
6. ALWAYS ON MY MIND – A book you couldn’t stop thinking about?
I think the best books are the ones that you just can’t stop thinking about after you’ve finished reading, so any of my favourites work for this question: The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne, Wonder by R. J. Palacio, We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler…
7. GETTING PHYSICAL – A book that you love the feel of?
I don’t own them (yet!) but I LOVE how the Penguin Horror editions feel.
8. MEETING THE PARENTS – A book you’d recommend to family and friends?
Most of my family and friends are into historical fiction, so I would probably recommend The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory as it’s my favourite of hers and it’s very underrated.
9. THINKING ABOUT THE FUTURE – A book/series you know you’ll reread many times in the future?
Well, HP and Percy Jackson go without saying. But I think I’ll also be rereading Wonder and Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend a lot.
10. SHARE THE LOVE – Who do you tag?
Thanks for stopping by!