I’m so stoked that I’ve been nominated for this award by gettingthroughanxiety 😀 thank you so much! (I really need to work out how to add award pics to my main blog page… I don’t know how to internet.)
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two advice to new bloggers.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
How My Blog Started.
I’ve been wanting to get involved with the online community in some way for a while. A few years ago, I tried to do makeup tutorials on YouTube, which did not work. (Bad lighting and bad skillz.) I tried to do a beauty blog, but never remembered to update. Then, I started thinking about doing card-making tutorials, and eventually I created a blog for that. Unfortunately, my card-making obsession is only an obsession when I feel like it. I get really into it for about a month and then I get bored for like half a year.
I’ve always been into reading, but it was only recently that I realised this is something people actually talk about on the internet. It was such second nature to me that it never occurred to me that there might be a blogosphere surrounding books. One day, I discovered Booktube, and it went from there. I started a blog (have tried a couple of YouTube videos but… not going so well so far!) and for the first time ever, I was really excited about blogging and it didn’t feel like work.
Advice For New Bloggers.
I’m fairly new to WordPress so don’t feel qualified to give advice, but here’s what I think:
1. Have. Fun. Don’t stress too much about writing popular content or getting new followers. Focus on writing something you’re interested in and the followers will, well, follow. I don’t have a huge amount of followers but I love the ones I do have and I feel proud to have them because I’ve been true to myself while blogging.
2. Help each other out. The thing I love about WordPress is how welcoming everyone has been, and how happy they are to give newcomers a chance. Nearly every time I like someone’s post or follow them, I get a notification back showing me they’ve had a look at my blog. This is really lovely, especially of the bigger blogs who have so many followers and yet still take the time to do this. I try to keep the good karma going by checking out the blogs of anyone who follows me or comments on my posts.
Unofficial piece of advice number 3 – Take part in tags, because they’re fun to do, people like reading them and it’s a good way to help find your place in the blogging community.
Sorry if any of you have already been tagged – I would normally search through your blogs to check, but ya know… there’s 15 of you and I’m sleepy.
Thanks for stopping by!