23:00: Hmm, can’t sleep. Wonder what they’ve got on that bargain book website today? I’ll just look, I won’t buy anything.
23.05: I’ll just add that to my basket so it’s ready for next time.
23:10: That too. And that. My god, 6 Philippa Gregory books for £9.99?! I’ll just add those too.
23.12: Didn’t I get a promotion code emailed through earlier?
23:20: Come on, deleted items…
23:30: Boom! Well, I’ll have to order tonight or I won’t get my 5% off. Continue reading
I’ve decided to start taking part in WWW Wednesday, a book meme hosted here on WordPress by Taking on a World of Words. This is where you have to answer the following questions every Wednesday:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
The Confessions of Katherine Howard by Suzannah Dunn. Continue reading
Many, many thanks to Chocolate n Waffles for tagging me for this! 😀
- Mention the creator of the tag (Ayunda @ Tea and Paperbacks).
- Thank the blogger who tagged you!
- Choose one of the options.
- Tag 10 other people to do this tag to spread the love!
1. Reading on the couch or on the bed?
Hmm, I don’t really have a preference. I tend to fall asleep either way so I suppose bed is better!
I’m so stoked that I’ve been nominated for this award by gettingthroughanxiety 😀 thank you so much! (I really need to work out how to add award pics to my main blog page… I don’t know how to internet.)
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two advice to new bloggers.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
YES! We are connected! I can blog again!
Thanks so much to gettingthroughanxiety for tagging me in this original tag.
- Answer the questions for the tag
- Nominate whoever you want
- Post the image of this tag
- Have fun! (My favourite rule!)
1. Flowers: Look on your bookshelves. What is the most beautiful book both inside and out?
I have some gorgeous books, but which ones are beautiful inside as well? I guess I’ll go with Wonder by R. J. Palacio. I love the bright blue of this cover and the message of the book is that it’s what’s on the inside that counts.
You know how, sometimes, you find a book and you just know you’ll love it? For instance, Wonder by R. J. Palacio. I read the description and knew it would become an all-time favourite – and it did. Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend by Matthew Green was similar. These books promised something wonderful, and they delivered.
This was not one of those books.
I read the premise of The Light of the Fireflies and thought, ‘This is going to be amazing. I will love this book forever.’ It had already been compared to Room by Emma Donoghue, which I saw as a good thing, but by the end, I realised that it’s basically Room if Jack had escaped and, instead of trying to find the police, had helped Old Nick to murder Ma instead.